What’s been happening?

Two months and two days since I last posted. Sorry about that, but I have been hard at work trying to earn an honest crust. Sometimes, putting food on the table and paying the bills has to come first! I haven’t read much news, which has been a welcome change, so I’m not sure what is happening. I assume we are still under EU occupation, so not much else matters!

I hope you are all having a nice festive season. I got a box set of 21 Laurel and Hardy DVDs for Christmas, so that’s my viewing sorted until the Spring. I’m not sure what to make of the colourised footage. At first, it seemed almost like blasphemy, but I’m not so sure now. One thing that colourised black and white films seem to have in common is the proliferation of brown suits of a most peculiar and unnatural shade. I think for this reason alone, the originals are better.

If anyone is still tuning in to this blog, please tell me what has been happening in the world!

22 Responses to What’s been happening?

1. Leg-iron says:

Hi Stewart, and welcome back to Blogland. The world has slid closer to the Abyss while you were away, and I have a nasty troll infestation. Watch out for this one, he likes to pretend to be other people. He’s not hard to spot.

That box set is great – I had it a few Christmases ago. The monochrome originals are the best, the colourised ones just don’t seem right to me. I still haven’t watched them all – I keep going back to the piano and the staircase!

A belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year!

Hi L-I and it’s nice to be back. I didn’t imagine things would be any better out there. Congratulations on your troll. I know you always wanted one!

While I was typing this blog entry, I remembered that you got the L&H box a couple of years ago. I thought you’d have watched them all by now. Having said that, I bought a big box of Hitchcock films and only watched The Birds.

I’ll pop over and try to spot your troll…

3. Never mind trolls, it’s when you start getting gangsters and police all over your blog that life becomes very interesting indeed.

Merry Christmas Mr. Cowan and welcome back to the blogosphere… you have been missed.

I’m still essentially on a sabbatical from my usual online activity and will remain so for a couple of months yet; rather like yourself I have many offline priorities which must come first… but I’ll be back.

I look forward to the next time we can participate in a concurrent season of blogs and comments activity.

2012 is high time for you to write something potent enough to trend on Twitter, get yourself arrested for a thought-crime or bring down the Scottish Government.

Hi Richard,

It’s probably about time I was arrested for being in possession of a dangerous opinion.

5. robbo says:

Your opinions aren’t dangerous, just a bit silly really as they are not based on reality. Anyway it’s always nice to drop by and see what kooky ideas are in your brain these days.

Richard,
    Take heart! Remember that “the most important living British political activist of the 21st century” should expect such trials. LOL. Did you write that for laughs?

6. Or even assassinated…

7. Whatever do you mean R? It was a guest contributor. Behave yourself!

8. I’m missing you both, Richard and Stewart. You were my window on the British wing of the paranoid reactionary blogosphere and gave me lots of interesting stuff. I’ve tried reading Leg Iron, but he manages to take hundreds of words to say nothing. And English Viking is only up to commenting on other folks’ blogs it would seem.

Come back properly soon, or I’ll have to waste time finding other loonies to read.

9. Ian,

I’m certainly not paranoid and I wouldn’t say I’m reactionary either: if I’m anything then I’m a cutting edge, pro-active conservative – one who is actually ahead of the British cultural mainstream. I’m a revelation from 2040: Carvathian attitudes are how British society will be in the next generation… you’re so behind the times Ian – so 1960s – you need to catch up and get with it.

You may be disappointed next year if indeed 2012 proves to be the year of my breakthrough onto bigger platforms; I don’t know if it will be next year but it’ll happen some time and when it does I will probably have to move on from my season of esoteric semi-satirical blogging.

You should show some respect: it’s a privilege for you to read the Realstreet blog – you’re getting a free education. Read and learn.

What/where do you recommend for buying secondhand bicycles in or around Manchester? I’m looking.

Now, don’t say I’ve dried up entirely; here’s a new video, just for you…

Happy New Year Ian Pattinson!

10. Isitfoggy says:

Aaaaarghhhh!!!!

What has been seen cannot be unseen!

Happy you new year to all.

11. Isitfoggy says:

Aaaaarghhhh!!!!

What has been seen cannot be unseen!

Happy new year to all.

Robbo,

“Silly” ideas?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (Gandhi)

Ian,

Thank you for those heart-rending words. I never thought you of all people would miss me – and Richard. ‘Tis a wonderful day indeed!

P.S. It is my opinion that Leg-iron turns out quality writing on a daily basis. I wish I could.

Richard,

And Real Street offers a genuinely free education, as it is not subsidised by the taxpayer.

Hello Foggy,

Do you mean the colourised versions? Yes, one of my favourite episodes is “Tit For Tat” and I refused to watch the ‘colour’ one.

16. Little Mo says:

With no tv here at chez LM, treated my self to the box set of Raffles – anyone remember him?

Re. the timing of my last one – that was indeed eery timing …. I had thought Stewart had headed off on Stranraer’s last ferry …

17. Isitfoggy says:

Stewart, I was referring to Richard’s video that I clicked through to. Man in bath with candles talking about love. I was expecting the plumber to walk in any minute to sort out Richard’s plumbing as it were.

Can’t comment on L&H but I was looking for a new fridge freezer today and got distracted by large TVs and tried on 3D glasses. I lasted about 5 seconds – I did not like it at all. Felt dizzy and I could see the glasses flickering.

Glad your back too.

That was good timing, Little Mo. You posted one minute before I returned. Yes, the last ferry left the toon a few weeks ago. It puts the trains in jeopardy now. They had been an endangered species even before.

I remember Raffles, though never really watched it. Anthony Valentine, if I recall?

Oh, right, Foggy. I haven’t watched the video (too busy with L&H at the moment!). It would also be hard for me not to be distracted by large tellies and 3D glasses.

I appreciate your final sentiment.

20. Real Street is an education in how some people have a hard time accepting reality.

Richard, you’re barely caught up with the 1940s, let alone the 2040s. Whilst I’m flattered that you want me to watch one of your homoerotic little videos, you’re really not my type.

21. Subrosa says:

Welcome back Stewart and a Guid 2012 to you and yours. I thought you’d joined the CBI (Scotia Branch) or some such esteemed establishment.

Hi SR,

I don’t think it would still be considered ‘esteemed’ if I joined it! I hope to be able to mix business and pleasure in 2012. Blogging being one of the pleasures (I think).