MSNBC’s seven signs of evolution all point to creation

One of my favourite Creation scientists, Tas Walker, has demolished the MSNBC’s “seven signs of evolution”. He writes, ” the beautifully illustrated examples demonstrate the truth of creation”.

Read it here: MSNBC’s seven signs of evolution all point to creation

9 Responses to MSNBC’s seven signs of evolution all point to creation

1. Andrew F says:

“One of my favourite Creation scientists…”

Your favourite what now?

Creation scientists, Andrew. Real scientists who realise obvious things like life is far too complex to have developed without (massive) intelligent input.

3. Andrew F says:

Pseudo-science. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-meritt/complexity.html – briefly debunks all the nonsense about complexity (as does pretty much any respected biologist).

Hello Andrew,

Had a brief look at the Talk Origins page. Iffy at best, e.g.

“The 2nd law of thermodynamics applies only to closed systems. The Earth is not a closed system.”

To all intents and purposes it is – yes? We get energy from the sun, of course, but that’s undirected energy.

Anyway, isn’t the Universe a ‘closed system’?

I dunno you know Stewart. I suspect the whole thing that we can see and feel is one of those total immersion games.

It feels like that sometimes, Jim, and not always “Better Than Life” although would you really want Tony Hawks following you around all the time?

But you know, in a way it is like a game, a very serious one obviously, the point being that you can satisfy yourself out of greed, lust, selfishness, etc. or build up spiritual riches through service and faith, etc.

And of course, the Judgment comes at the end. Mr Hawks will not be by your side offering cocktails. You’re there on your own or you are there having already trusted in the Saviour to cleanse you of your sins.

Talk about sin to some people these days and they think there’s something wrong with you – ‘eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die!’

I’m sure Tony Hawks is a nice bloke but he’s not my idea of the ideal chaperone in Paradise. There is also the possibility of awakening from my own demise to find Timothy Spall asking if I got to be President of the Galaxy. Er, no. was I supposed to? ‘Yew…WOT!? You mean you’ve been playing the prat version of Baxter for the past 50 years? Oh that’s a classic that is…’

Whatever truth each of us finds we must all beware of the Despair Squid.

I’ve met the Despair Squid a few times in my life. He lived with me during my years as an alcoholic, which is one of the reasons I still have my faith, I guess. You know, rescued by way of miracles and led to safety.

I am reminded of the Footprints in the Sand poem. Looking back, that’s how it’s been.

9. Richard Borrett says:

“life is far too complex to have developed without (massive) intelligent input”

Surely it is better to explain complexity with what is, on the small scale, a very simple answer (evolution, in its individual steps), rather than with something vastly more complex (God – which must, if creating something as complex as earth, be more complex itself?)?