Gordon Brown: still in his own wee world

In his latest podcast today, Gordon Brown has another shot at rolling out his clichés. He again explains that he is proud of what the government has achieved over the past twelve years and proud of the “real help” they’ve given over the past twelve months. He ensures us that they will “not sit back” and next week they will set out their “bold and radical plans for ensuring a fairer, prosperous and sustainable future for Britain.”

Haven’t we heard all that before?  Since around the first time he promised the government would “start listening”. Thankfully, even he must finally have realised that nobody believes that one anymore.

As Mr Brown says, we all want “choices,” and technology, like the internet, can help. But the choices he mentions are what you fancy for your tea and what utility and insurance companies you go for. Nothing important. Then he comes out with this,

And in this new world, you rightly want a bigger say and more accountability in all the decisions that affect you.

Ha! Prime Minister, there are more important things in life than whether we have spag bol or fish for dinner. There are choices that we all wanted, like a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. Thousands of parents want the choice to home teach without government interference. Millions want to live according to their conscience without fear of the ‘authorities’.

I’ll choose the fish – and also the freedom.

And in common with his counterparts in other countries, he reminds us of this ‘new world’ we are just becoming a part of. That’s the world where national sovereignty is a thing of the past and we are totally controlled from outside the UK. The new world government will be just like New Labour: offering real help: to illegal immigrants, criminals and bent politicians.

Bizarrely, Brown then makes plans for the next five years. Does he know something we don’t?

Anyway, Gordon seems to have this great idea how he can reduce spending and improve services: all through using the internet and text messaging.

And I’m wondering if these radical plans for ensuring a fairer, prosperous and sustainable future for Britain have anything to do with next week’s climate change summit in Copenhagen. I expect they have already sat down and discussed how much of what is left of British industry will be sacrificed and how many £billions per annum will be shipped out to pay Third World dictators for the alleged damage ‘we’ have done to their countries by having had the cheek to drive cars and heat our homes.

9 Responses to Gordon Brown: still in his own wee world

Hey Stewart,

Like the title of the post. You know that ‘wee’ means something entirely different to us Sassenachs than to you Jocks, don’t you?

Still, if the rumours are to be believed, either interpretation is perfectly reasonable.

Are you saying that the Prime Minister may be incontinent as well as incompetent? If he’s as incontinent as he is incompetent it doesn’t bear thinking about!

Actually, he is highly competent, depending whose view you take. The globalists must love him. Roll on Copenhagen and watch Miliband do his duty and sell us (further) down the river.

Every time my wife see this traitor’s face, she cannot do anything but think of the smell.

Copenhagen was settled years ago. The nonsense that is going to happen there next week has already been decided, not by Brown, Obama, Merckel or Sarkozy, but by Heath, Mitterand, Kohl, Bech, Bayern and Gasperri.

Get food. Get trade-ables. Get a gun. Get real.

Get gold/silver as well.

Hey Stewart,

I am afraid the gold and silver are out of my league but I have dumped Sterling and if you have any I suggest you do the same, quickly. I imagine that in the not too distant future it will more economical to use tenners as toilet paper than to buy a roll of Andrex. I hear there is a problem with the ink running on the 50’s, but that’s only according to Cherie Blair.

I bought a few gold coins in 2007 when gold was £400 an oz. Now that it’s £700 already, I’m quite chuffed, but the whole point was to have something tangible. I can’t afford to buy old masters (or even new ones), but I saw this website the other day which I’m thinking of trying. (Not for investment purposes.)

7. JuliaM says:

“I got flack on Tom Harris’s blog. Apparently it’s not Christian to suggest we should have the right to bear arms.”

Because of the ‘turn the other cheek’ bit, I suppose?

Well, we all remember reading about how Jesus got up a petition and held a protest march in order to have the moneylenders removed from the Temple by the authorities, don’t we..? ;)

Yes, Julia. I think the Lord should have written a strongly-worded letter to the Jerusalem Daily Mail.

Maybe He should have started a charity.