Am I trending on Twitter yet?

My previous post has caused a bit of a stir and been retweeted and retweeted. Good for the stats, of course, but I really don’t like how some people have completely misunderstood me. As usual with the topic of homosexuality these days, if you speak out against it, you are derided as being “full of hatred”.

Here is what some people have tweeted:

@NickHyde1993

RT @DaveMorgan25: Disgusting, inaccurate and pathetic article RT @StewartCowan: The long road to legalised paedophilia http://bit.ly/99LmG9

@TheStoob

@benandarnie I am speechless. Genuinely stunned at the level of hate @stewartcowan shows. Closet case I bet. Knob.

@JonnieMarbles

I agree with @benandarnie – @stewartcowan is a horrible, nasty homophobe. And he gives a rubbish blow job too.

There are other negative comments, but on the bright side: one positive one,

@xene68

@StewartCowan excellent post! This is such evil, and it can only get worse.

Exactly! The post was about how the social engineers are using homosexuality to try to legitimise paedophilia in our culture. Why don’t these people want to talk about that on Twitter?

I don’t hate anyone for engaging in homosexual acts. Sure, I think it’s disgusting and I hope and pray that those involved will waken up to a bright new dawn of understanding, but hatred? Certainly not. In fact, the love that I have for them is what drives me to write the way that I do and to describe the reality of what is going on in our country today in no uncertain terms.

122 Responses to Am I trending on Twitter yet?

Mike,

Methinks that the lady doth protest too much.

2. “Certainly, they should be sent to known dogging areas. The ones with strong stomachs.”

Dogging is both hetero and homo, not just homo, are you aware of that? You would be happy with police officers to be taken off their beat in towns, cities and rual villages in order to find people (men, women, men, whomever) having sex in a car park/forest?

What if a real crime were to happen while these police resources were being used thusly?

“Sorry Mr Cowan, we could not come to your assistance while you were being mugged, having your car robbed or having your home broken into (and your family in danger), but all our police resources for that area of town that particular night were out looking for people having sex in the forest/local car park.”

This blog has gotta be a joke.

3. “Methinks that the lady doth protest too much.”

Mr Viking,

Ah, finally resorting to (misquoted) cliches, the refuge of the barren, empty, unthinking mind – Hoist with his own petard, as it were.

Mike,

It’s not a misquote, it’s an adaptation. A misquote would change the meaning; my quote doesn’t, plus it is extant in many copies.

Don’t get pernickerty, it’ll only make you look even more daft than you already do.

That Stewart wishes to see perverse heterosexual practices prohibited, as well as the sodomite sort, is evidence of his even-handedness, not his prejudice.

Mike,

Are you going to reply to my post @ Aug 4, 1:21, or just hope that it goes away, and nobody notices?

6. Leg-iron says:

Having sex in public, no matter who’s involved, is illegal. In fact you don’t have to go that far. Whipping out your danglies in a public place, even if you have no intention of using them, is illegal. Whether it should be or not is immaterial here. It is the law as it stands so it is appropriate for the police to enforce that law when they receive a report. It is not appropriate for the police to arrest the person reporting an illegal act and accuse them of ‘being a snitch’ or whatever new law they’ve invented for the day.

Remember ‘The Naked Rambler’? He did nothing sexual. He just walked around with no clothes on. Eccentric, arguably very brave considering British weather, but harmless. He was repeatedly arrested for exposure.

So it is not okay to go out dogging, whether hetero- or homosexually. It is a prosecutable offence.

In the current bizarre world we live in, so is reporting it, apparently.

Stewart – I do find things like fisting disgusting, as in I don’t want to be on either end of it, don’t want to see it and wish I had never heard of it. However, if consenting adults want to wreck each other’s internal organs in private, then that’s up to them. All those sphincters get weaker with age, so stretching one to the size of a sleeve in youth is setting up serious problems for later. Still, I see it as their problem. Not mine. I’m not the one who’ll be confined to plastic underwear and unable to go more than fifty yards from a toilet by the time they’re forty. Nor will I whistle when it’s windy.

Personally, that end of me is strictly exit-only and always will be. Unless the doctors catch up with me with their anal probes. They seem to like filming the inside of old men’s guts. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a ‘Best Of’ compilation somewhere. Weird things, doctors.

As for homosexuality, I can’t, in all conscience, object in principle to something I don’t understand and am not interested in. I can, and do, object to having it thrust in my face (so to speak) with quotas in employment, special treatment, and parades. Quotas especially. If I was employing someone, what they do when I’m not paying for their time is none of my business. The only way to fill quotas is to ask intrusive questions that are none of the employer’s business. That is wrong.

I also object to any form of sexual training of young children. Why on earth does a ten-year-old need any kind of sex education? When I was ten, girls were just giggly things in the way. If we had been taught about sex, that would have changed and many of us would have tried it. As is happening now.

We had no idea what ‘gay’ meant and therefore there was no homophobia. We didn’t know about Islam so there was no ‘islamophobia’. The few black kids in my school were not picked on, because they were treated the same as the rest of us. We all just got on with being kids, fighting, making friends, tormenting ants and building explosives.

Kids aren’t allowed to do any of that any more. No wonder they grow up twisted.

7. Mr Viking,

I replied to your post in my Aug4th 10:30pm post (“the ability to reason”). I agree with you re: colonoscopy, but that doesn’t alter the other facts I’ve presented here – which you’ve ignored, in your personaal and ignorant prejudices.

And you csan “adapt” The Bard all you like (it’s a misquote, get over it like a man), doesn’t alter the fact you have nothing interesting or noteworthy to say, and have rsorted to tired old cliches, yawn!

Why not pick a subject you know a little something about… biology doesn’t seem to be your forte!

8. Little Mo says:

I salute you sir on your sage insights re. Stonewall etc; while, conversely, sadly predictable is the knee-jerk & stock-phrase, abuse of your detractors. Vapid people, standard stuff of self-deluded, pseudo-intellectual, fops – mere regurgitation of others ideas (in the main fashionable pc jargon). Despite typical projection of intellectual/articulate persona, to-date my experience proves such are in fact incapable of independent thought. Ironically for purported ‘rationalists’, their ‘views’ are entirely limbic brain affairs.

Mike,

10. “Mike,

I was referring to the abuse, and the apparent contradiction between one who is so easily offended and yet is quite free with offensive comments.”

** Breaking News ** Breaking News ** Breaking News ** Breaking News **

“Man insults other man’s intelligence on the internet. First time ever. Unprecedented in the 21st century. Film at 11. Join us for live reaction.”

Mr Viking,

I’m not really sure what I’m supposed to be “so easily offended” at. I’m frustrated, and perhaps a little disappointed, that people like you can hold such obnoxious views of other humans based purely on their sexuality, people they haven’t even met, consenting adults that are of no obvious harm to you. But I guess religion will do that.

Anyway, let’s cut to the chase, I have a weekend of golf ahead of me so the interwebs will have to wait while I enjoy the countryside.

Your objection to homosexuality is based on religion. And ignorance. But homo sapiens have been around longer than your, or any other, religion. Sexual orientation, actions and preferences have been part of human evolution for close to 200,000 years, while man-made religions perhaps only 7,000 years.

You may think homosexuality is “un-natural”, but the facts show otherwise. I will agree, homosexuality is anti-religion (un-religious?), but it exists in nature, in other species, of which we are related to, so in fact, homosexuality cannot be, by definition, “un-natural”.

Now, I know you will disagree with this (perhaps you don’t accept evolution, or are a Young Earth Creationist) but you only have religion, personal opinion, and prejudices based on this religion on your side, while I have biology, science, years of research, and evidence and the facts.

So, by all means, call homosexuality “anti-religious” (or un-Christian) based on your reading of Leviticus, and the OT, fine by me, it’s your opinion, you’re entitled to it, and you’ve every right to be heard. But you’re not entitled to your own facts, sorry!! Your archaic “holy book” as written by desert goat-herders does not get to trump human biology, anthropology, anatomy and modern medical science.

And now, off to clean my balls, and polish my shaft – nothing worse than dirty golf balls and a dull club when trying to play a round of golf in the sun.

Mike,

You appeared offended when I concurred with your view that you couldn’t understand plain English, at the start of this ‘discussion’. I gleaned this notion from your whining about ‘insults/attacks’.

You can stamp your feet all you like; you have not one jot more than me. You have faith. You trust your books, your scientists, the religion of Darwin. You cannot possibly prove this stuff; you accept it by faith.

I have my faith too, I just place it in a different place. At least one of us is certainly wrong.

BTW Nice try on trying to sneak in the idea that homosexual perversions are only condemned in the Old Testament. Didn’t work though.

I do not concur that man in his current form is 200,000 years old, but now you mention it, why do you think that man is this old, but has had religion for only 7000 years, when it is clear from archaeology that early humans worshipped all sorts of ‘gods’?

PS Why do non-religious communities also think that gayness is unnatural? Jamaicans (generally speaking) loathe it, but have no higher proportion of Christians than anywhere else. It is not popular in Rhodesia either, but it is not a particularly Christian nation.

PPS Golf is a girl’s game.

Mike,

Police time is already being wasted in many ways. As long as the law-abiding majority (drivers, smokers, practitioners of free speech, etc.) are being harassed then that’s the main thing. Heaven forbid that police time should be ‘wasted’ making sure public places are safe and decent for the general public.

Leg-iron,

You have identified yet another problem with legitimised homosexuality: quotas and targets!

“Why on earth does a ten-year-old need any kind of sex education?”

He doesn’t. It’s happening to create a dehumanised generation where sex is not considered something special and to be reserved for the right time, but a hobby. Just pick up your ‘free’ condoms from the school nurse (or in this town, even the museum distributes them to kids) and choose the boy(s) or girl(s) of your choice. Maybe this is why you hardly see kids out playing these days!

No, we didn’t know about all this sexuality stuff. We had plenty of other a) pastimes and b) worries. That’s why Stonewall goes into schools under the pretext of stopping children using the word “gay” as an insult.

Even the police have been called to deal with childish playground name-calling (Mike!).

Thank you, Little Mo.

“Rationalists” and “free-thinkers” are most unfortunate in their state of imagined superior brainpower.

They ignore the reality of the Almighty and they consider this rational and therefore a good enough reason to attack those who know the truth.

15. faulksd says:

Romans 1:21-25 et seq sums it all up. Sophisticated, reasoned arguments? I think not. The Day will uncover it all..

16. Thanks for finding me three new people to follow on Twitter. Keep up the good work.

Leg-Iron,

It’s actually perfectly legal to be naked in public. For the last four years I’ve taken my clothes off and ridden my bike around the centre of Manchester as part of the Naked Bike Ride. This year we had Police outriders waving us through junctions. It was great. For public nudity to be illegal someone has to take offence and report it. It’s only public indecency if observers choose to complain. It may be the same with sex outdoors, I don’t know. Though as someone who has made love in the open air I’d be quite amused to find it’s made me some sort of brigand.

I’ve missed Real Street. It’s good to see it’s as far from reality as ever and that English still has a bear for his avatar.

17. len says:

Ian Pattinson,
    You have got to be joking, riding a bike naked around Manchester,
    I think it`s hilarious, like something from a ‘carry on film’

18. Len,

It is hilarious. It’s great fun and the reactions are brilliant. And for one day the drivers pay attention to us, which is what it’s all about- drawing attention to the fact that there are other users of the roads, who aren’t wrapped in metal cages. It’s an international event which takes place every June, there’s probably one in a city near you.

‘My ‘archaic’ holy book was written by Kings, Prime-Ministers, intellectuals, a national leader, a Doctor (medical), fishermen, a tent-maker, a tax-collector, a Judge and a shepherd, amongst others. Sorry, no goat-herders.’

Well done English. Yes indeed, I agree – written, edited, and endorsed by power-crazed criminals with the purpose of duping and controlling the masses. I’ve been saying that all along. Glad you’ve finally caught up. And don’t tell me that tax collectors aren’t power-crazed.

Anyway, let’s all believe what people like that write ahead of what science discovers eh? Very rational.

(Stewart said the other day that he’d missed me. That was kindly of him so I thought I’d make a courtesy call).

21. Jim,

I don’t know if Stewart’s been missing me, but I thought I’d drop in as well.

Jim; Ian, I appreciate all my contributors, whether they agree with me or not. Naturally, I would prefer if you all agreed with me as I am almost always right. ;)

And Jim,

…power-crazed criminals with the purpose of duping and controlling the masses.

I’m sure you’ll agree with me that this describes our recent governments – which have been systematically smashing up what was more-or-less a good, fair and just society based on Judeo-Christian ethics.

24. len says:

A cursory study of Bible prophesy should be enough to convince the most sceptical reader that the Bible was divinely inspired.

As for duping the masses try Socialism, Communism, Marxism, and all the other ‘religions’ of man.

Stewart I certainly do agree with that, but not because of the targets they have chosen. And our society was never better or fairer. It’s always been this bad.

len, I am uninspired. I notice only the same mind control techniques.

Jim,

I should have said ‘ex’ tax collector, as Matthew repented immediately upon meeting Christ, as did the only other tax collector mentioned by name in the NT, Zaccheus, who restored 4-fold all he had stolen, and the rest he gave to the poor.

Society was most certainly better and fairer just 40 years ago. I know, because I was there.

PS 1 Timothy 6 v 20 ‘O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:’.

The Apostle Paul had the right idea about much of the piffle that passed for Science (then and now) and he was an extremely highly educated man, a student of Gamaliel, no less, so he was not speaking from a position of ignorance.

‘power-crazed criminals’… Like the 6 Christian Dr’s murdered in Afghanistan today?’

English, yes indeed. Just like them.

I too was here 40 years ago and old enough to know. Remind me please, what was better?

Your quotes from scripture mean nothing to me.

You cite the credentials of these people – ‘extremely highly educated’ as though that lends credence to what they say. It doesn’t. Would you like some examples of extremely highly educated people who have had nothing but contempt for their intellectual inferiors and a firm belief that they should be in charge and the rest must be controlled by any means, however dishonest?

28. len says:

Jim Baxter,
    What are these mind control techniques that you refer to?

len,

Some of my arguments on that point are in Stewart’s archives. Most reduce to, ‘You are being watched’, ‘Don’t worry if you have nothing in this life, there’s pie in the sky’ and ‘Believe and believe unquestioningly or else’.

Sounds like mind control to me.

Dr Baxter,

To describe the 8 (my mistake, there were unfortunately not 6) Doctors who were risking their necks to bring medical assistance to the Afghan people, and were brutally executed for their efforts, as ‘power-crazed criminals’ is more than a bit low. What crimes did they commit?

Things that were better 40 years ago:

Far fewer mosques and the people that go to them.
    Far lower levels of crime, particularly violent crime. Labour crime stats are simply lies.
    At least 3000 fewer laws. Keep it simple and people are more likely to obey them.
    People thought PC meant a copper, not a system of dictatorship and mad marxist abuse disguised as ‘equal rights’.
    No mobile phones, facebook, twitter or the myriad of other inane ways of inflicting trivia on others.
    Far better standards of education. O levels, not A* GCSEs or other such ‘toilet paper’ diplomas.
    Only clever people went to University (not ‘Yooni’), and those who were not clever enough got proper apprenticeships.
    No Gay Pride marches, nor a cult of victimhood that affords privileges to all sorts of perverts, weirdos and the insane. I mean, transexual?
    Proper TV, without nonsense like ‘celebrity’ chefs bawling abuse at fat people who can’t cook, or ‘Big Brother’.
    A man could earn enough as an unskilled employee to pay for a house, car, 2 kids and a few beers, without the need to send his wife to work, or his kids to a ‘creche’.
    LFC ruled the world. We will again, no doubt.

I could go on, but that should be enough to be going on with.

‘Would you like some examples of extremely highly educated people who have had nothing but contempt for their intellectual inferiors and a firm belief that they should be in charge and the rest must be controlled by any means, however dishonest?’ … Oh, I think I can think of at least one, Dr Baxter.

My mistake English – I thought you were referring to their murderers.

Far fewer mosques and the people that go to them.

We have always had a mulitcultural society.

Prove it.

And a lot less protection for the genuinely vulnerable.

PCs were people who could beat you up with impunity, frame you, send you away for years, all on their say so.

What’s so anoying about mobile phones is that you can only properly despise one half of the converastion. You can stay away from all the other stuff.

Learning your times tables and nothing else for months on end.

I disagree. Many fools went to university and still do. About a third of the lecturers on my degree course decades ago were pompous, brainless oafs.

Live and let live. Not an attitude so much in evidence 40 years years ago

I recall a lot of American comedies that weren’t funny. A lot of British ones too. Criminally bland middle class sit coms – ‘Not in Front of the Children. Brainless game shows. ‘Talent shows’. Much deference to politicians. There were rare exceptions. There still are.

I agree. But what about a woman who didn’t want to be married or who wanted a career?

LFC ruled the world. We will again, no doubt.

I wouldn’t dare argue.

You are the one who advocates thought control, Mr Viking, and the benefits of unthinking obedience to the invisible.

Dr Baxter,

I could fisk you, but I can’t be bothered.

BTW We have most certainly not always been a multicultural society, not in the modern sense of the phrase. That is a lie put about by certain elements in politics and the anti-racism brigade to attempt cow people like me into accepting their lies. I haven’t and I won’t.

My obedience to God is not unthinking, I assure you. Nor is the evidence for his existence invisible: ‘For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:’.Romans 1 v 20

As you appear to dislike the Bible, Try Luther: “God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.” Martin Luther.

33. len says:

Mr Baxter,To equate Christianity and Christians with blind faith is to do them a gross disservice.I have heard this argument many times” Show me God and I will believe”
    Really?
    Jesus Christ( God in the flesh) walked this Earth, fulfilled hundreds of prophesies that no-one else could possibly fulfil, healed the sick and raised the dead, cast out devils, did all believe Him?

Thomas Aquinas`s life mission was to reconcile Christian faith with human reason and to intellectually prove the existence of God.Of the many theological books Aquinas wrote,his final work-the Summa Theologica or Summary Treatise of Theology( considered his greatest work) was left incomplete.This work was in three parts”On God”, The Moral Life of Man”, and ” On Christ”.
    He had completed the first two sections and was deep in the writing of the third,when something happened to him,an emotionally shattering spiritual experience which totally changed him.
    Many believe Aquinas experienced a vision in which he came face to face with the risen Lord Jesus Christ.
    After this experience Aquinas said” I have seen that which makes all that I have written and taught look small to me.
    Aquinas was never able to put that experience into words, neither can I.

The first passport controls recognisable as such were introduced in this country in 1914.

You have never given me reason to trust your ability to discern lies from truth.

Statements of opinion are not arguments so Luther is no more of an authority on truth than the Bible or my Auntie Irene. That’s to much for you too grasp, I know, otherwise you would’t keep citing quoations as ‘evidence’.

len, yes really.

35. len says:

Mr Baxter,

Your version of the truth would be laughable if it were not so tragic.Your position on’the truth’reflects what the majority of humanity believes and is the reason they are entrapped and held in bondage, mostly by pride.
    The phrase “god of this world” (or “god of this age” ) indicates that Satan is the major influence on the mind-set expressed by the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His areas of influence also encompass the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.
    (You will of course deny this and remain in bondage, …………… Unless Christ sets you free!.)

It is ironic that the only person who CAN set you free and contains the only Truth in the Universe is the person rejected and despised by humanity.

Yes yes. Heard it before. Same old would-be mind-rotting rubbish. Save it.

(That concludes this courtesy call on the Kingdom of the Blind)

Ian, see you somewhere sane maybe, one of these days.

Jim,

The “mind-rotting rubbish” which pervades your psyche has come from decades (you’re in your 50s as I recall) of dumbing down and social engineering via the media, state ‘education’ and government diktat.

You believe you are ‘free-thinking’ because you reject spiritual things. Your pride prevents you from accepting that you need all the help you can get in this life, just like the rest of us. I was once the same, so I understand it. It’s an impossible task: you alone against the world. You’ll lose! I was losing. That’s because there’s so much more to the universe than materialism.

If you don’t recognise this, then please don’t consider yourself to be a free-thinker, because your wilful denial of the Divine and disregard for the safety of your own soul mean that you are the one with the Kingdom of the Blind passport.

The Christ is your visa out of there. There will be a Judgment soon, Jim. There is absolutely nothing in the material universe which can save you from the punishment your sins (and mine and everyone else’s) deserve.

Jim,

I don’t remember there being any international air travel in 1914 either, and sea travel consisted mainly of English persons going to far flung parts of the Empire to spread the benefits of their advanced civilisation to the heathens. I never said there were no foreigners in those days (but those there were were so insignificant in number, and so dominated by the indigenous culture, that they assimilated to the point of becoming indistinct [the true definition of assimilation], so multicultural is not a word to accurately describe the UK just 70 years ago.)

I don’t quote other men as ‘evidence’ of anything other than the fact that there have been an awful lot of people who think like me.

You used to put some reasoned points, now you just seem to try to be offensive. Doesn’t matter, I forgive you.

40. Jim, you’re always welcome at Spinneyhead, where the content is resolutely reality (or fiction that knows it’s fiction) based.

That list of the apostles’/Bible writers’ professions puts me in mind of something like Ocean’s Eleven. Coming soon, Jesus’ Twelve-

“I’m putting the team back together for one last con. I’m going to need Kings, Prime-Ministers, intellectuals, a national leader, a Doctor (medical), fishermen, a tent-maker, a tax-collector- on second thoughts best make that a former tax-collector- a Judge and a shepherd. If we can pull this off we’ll convince billions of people, for centuries to come, that we’re real and the fools will tie themselves in knots denying all the evidence that shows we’re not. Right. Judas, you’re Mister Pink……”

41. len says:

Ian Pattinson,
    On yer bike.Or perhaps you have a tandem for yourself and Jim!( clothed of course)

42. Len,

You’re perfectly welcome at Spinneyhead as well. I post about all sorts of stuff and I’m not as angry or narrowly focussed as Stewart.

The universe is a complex, fascinating and occasionally scary place. The best way to keep from being quite so scared is to understand it. Religion is the opposite of understanding, it’s clinging to a story because that is comforting. I know that I need all the help I can get, but I understand that I’m going to get it from real people, not some imaginary friend.

43. Len,

I’ve got quite a few bikes, but no tandem as yet.

44. len says:

Ian Pattison.
    You are totally wrong. To me truth is the only thing that matters.Jesus Christ is the ultimate Truth,all else is illusion and deception.
    How do you tell a deceived person this? When they believe truth as lies and lies as truth?
    This world is so steeped in deception and lies that Truth can only come from One who stands outside.Bible prophesy is given as ‘hard evidence’ of forthcoming events (by God)as proof , there are literally hundreds relating to Christ and to forthcoming World events.The prophesies relating to Christ are very exact!.Google them well worth it!
    Good luck with the bike I occasionally take to two wheels but mine has an engine.

45. Len,

Can you show me evidence for these prophesies. Not the ones relating to Jesus, because using the Bible as evidence that the Bible is right is a non-argument. Show me a historically verifiable event and the hard evidence for it from the Bible.

46. len says:

Ian Pattinson,
    This is only one Bible prophesy,I have literally hundreds more,

1. Jacob’s descendants would regain control of Israel

Bible passage: Amos 9:14-15
    Written: about 750 BC
    Fulfilled: Since 1948

In Amos 9:14-15, the prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again. Amos lived about 2700 years ago, during a time when the people of Israel were being forced out of their homeland by a succession of foreign invasions. Despite many centuries of exile, many Jews returned to Israel and reclaimed sovereignty over a portion of their ancient homeland. This declaration of independence, in 1948, triggered a war with the surrounding countries, which objected to the presence of a Jewish state. On May 15, 1948, the day that armies from the surrounding countries invaded, Azzam Pasha, the Secretary General of the Arab League, said “This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades.” Similar quotes were uttered by others during the war of 1948-49 and during the two major wars that followed. Despite its tiny size, Israel prevailed in these wars, preventing its people from being uprooted again, as they had been in ancient times.
    Amos 9:14-15
    I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.

47. len says:

One more just for good measure,

The new militant President of Iran has declared Psalm 83 and doesn’t even know it! He has stated that his goal is to, “Wipe Israel off the face of the earth and that they be remembered no more!”
    Psalm 83:3-8
    They make shrewd plans against Your people, And conspire together against Your treasured ones. They have said, “Come, and let us wipe them out as a nation, That the name of Israel be remembered no more.” For they have conspired together with one mind; Against You they make a covenant: The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites (southern Jordon and Saudi Arabia), Moab (central Jordon) and the Hagrites (Syria and Arabia) ; Gebal (southern Jordon) and Ammon (southern Jordon) and Amalek (Sinai desert), Philistia (Gaza Strip area) with the inhabitants of Tyre (southern Lebanon); Assyria (Syria/Iraq) also has joined with them; They have become a help to the children of Lot.

48. Len,

The existence of the modern state of Israel owes nothing to divine intervention. It’s there because of the determinatikon and ruthlessness of the men and women who fought to create and now defend it. The weakness of your claim that this is divine prophesy is right there in your comment. Writing whilst his people were being driven from their country Amos was hardly going to say “Th-th-th-that’s all folks! Guess God doesn’t love us after all!” He wouldn’t have found much of an audience. And Psalm 83 doesn’t predict Ahmedinajad, it reflects then current fears. the fact that those fears still sound pertinent is just a sad state of affairs.

2700 years ago someone said God would restore Israel. God didn’t, so men did the job instead.

49. len says:

Ian Pattison,
    ( Sigh), you asked for proof I give it to you,
    you reject it.
    Truth just will not penetrate, your understanding has been darkened. ( Ephesians 4:18
    having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart.)On a human level, darkness is not only the absence of knowledge (ignorance, which is passive), but a personal and active opposition to the rule and truth of God. It is a myopic, near-sighted, determination to ignore the greatest truths of our universe and our existence. But it is also a stubborn near-sightedness, a “don’t bother me with the facts” focus upon the self that firmly resists God and His Christ. In an attempt to free themselves from the rule of God, people bring upon themselves a far worse bondage to Satan, sin, and death.
    You need a Divine miracle.
    I hope and pray that you get it.

50. len says:

The fact that the Jewish people have survived at all is a testimony to God`s faithfulness.
    Many attempts throughout history have been made to totally eliminate the Jewish people.
    The fact that they have returned to their own land is a miracle in itself, they have been( and are being) opposed in every way, every obstacle has been put in their
    path, they are surrounded by enemies who wish to destroy them.
    Incidentally God works through people( who are receptive to Him) as does Satan.
    The eyes of the entire World are focused on that tiny strip of land which is Israel, have you ever asked yourself why?