More police thuggery on video

Subrosa has blogged about these latest thugs, from Wales, who have brought shame upon their uniform and devalued the efforts of the many decent officers.

Subrosa writes: Robert Whatley, 70, was pulled over in his Range Rover for driving without a seat belt as he drove on a country road in Wales. It’s alleged officers tried to issue him with a fixed penalty notice but Mr Whatley drove off.

Two of Gwent’s ‘finest’ followed him along 8 miles of country lanes for 17 minutes before trying to stop the £60,000 Range Rover with a stinger device. At no time did he drive above 40mph. Mr Whatley stopped and you can see the actions of the police here. His lawyer has released this video.

You can read the rest here.

Two years ago, I wrote about what the outgoing chairman of the Police Federation, Jan Berry, thought of the current state of policing:

Worried about community support officers who are not trained to qualified officers’ standards, she is concerned that proper police officers will be brought in only for confrontation issues. As for the community support officers, she says,

“Part of their experience bank will always be missing, and the police service becomes this kind of paramilitary-type force. I know the Home Secretary says this isn’t what she wants – and it certainly isn’t what the public wants – but that is what is going to happen. The softer side of policing is disappearing, and I don’t think that can be a good thing.”

8 Responses to More police thuggery on video

I don’t understand why people are surprised that Police are made up of no small number of ignorant thugs. I’ve yet to meet one I’ve though was half decent, and believe me, I’ve met a few.

I haven’t met many coppers, English. From my limited experience, I would say that they generally aren’t the sharpest tools in the box.

3. Subrosa says:

I’m told the traffic police are separate from the community police. They have little or nothing to do with each other. Great eh?

Thank you for the link Stewart.

4. len says:

In my long distant youth the ‘copper on the beat’ was part of the community he was actually in touch with local people.
    Now the Police force seem almost like an impersonal private army.

5. Jared Gaites says:

They wonder why they get called names like ‘pigs’ and ‘filth’. But after watching these thugs, it strikes me that they are like teenagers building up street cred. I can imagine the sort of conversations they have with each other about levels of brutality they have inflicted upon the general public. I mean to say, what exactly was there to gain from that level of force and brutality? It’s like any excuse to get the batons and tasers out. There is an awful lot of growing up to do in the police force. I think they must be all watching these American cop reality TV shows or something. God bless the USA – why do we have to get cursed with everything that comes from that shit hole?

It’s a sair fecht, Subrosa.

When I was growing up in the 60s and 70s, Len, the police were seen as our friends and protectors. To be respected, not feared. Now they are probably more feared than respected.

Yet another part of our once civil society which has been rotated 180 degrees.

Jared,

Your comment was held for moderation for having the S-word. I think I’ll have to remove it from the banned list, as it is inevitable with posts on homosexuality and Muslim khazis!

I knew a copper in Glasgow in my youth who bragged about the fact that they would beat up coloured folk in the cells.*

Now that they aren’t allowed to do that anymore, the insecure and immature ones probably need new things like this to brag out.

*PS: This was disconcerting, but we didn’t speak up because we weren’t coloured. (Sound familiar?)